Thursday, September 4, 2014

Nectarine Pizza with Basil & Balsamic Glaze

Happy Friday!  And for us at Snippets of Creations, that means it's Food Frenzy Friday!!!
 
Today I want to share with you one of my most favorite dishes this summer!  I found this recipe on Pinterest, of course, and kind of made it my own....I made it a little easier.

 
The blend of the sweet nectarine and the salty goat cheese as well as the tangy balsamic glaze, makes this pizza melt in your mouth at the first bite.  It almost tastes gourmet, but it's too simple to make that I don't feel right calling it gourmet...maybe though! I can't believe there are only 7 ingredients to it!

 
The original recipe calls for making your own dough, and although I'm sure it's much more tastier, I found that buying premade thin crust pizza dough worked just fine and shaved about an hour off of the prep time!  After making it a few times, I found that Boboli has the best taste.

 
I shaved off about another 20 minutes by using Trader Joes Balsamic Glaze instead of reducing the balsamic vinegar, which the original recipe calls for.  This stuff is delicious!  I use it on my caprese salads!! 


So, here is what you will need:

1. 1 Pizza Crust
2. 1 to 2 tbls Olive Oil
3. Goat Cheese
4. 1 Nectarine, cut into slices
5. Parmigianno Reggiano Cheese, grated or shaved
6. Balsamic Glaze
7. Fresh Basil, chopped
 
Here is what you do:
 
Start by preheating your oven to 450, or whatever the instructions on the pre-made crust says to do.  While the oven is heating up, brush on a little Olive Oil, just enough to thinly coat the pizza crust. Then, spread your goat cheese on.  I used 4oz and found that to be plenty.  You don't want to spread it on into a thin layer, just spread it so there are big and small chunks all over the crust.
 
 
Next, take your sliced nectarines and place them all over the goat cheese and top it with the parmigianno reggiano cheese.  Then, place it in the middle of your oven for however long the  instructions on the pre-made crust says to do so (usually about 10 min).
Some pre-made crust instructions say to place your pizza directly on the oven rack, which you can do, but I chose to use my pizza stone.  Either way works!
 
 
When the pizza is done, carefully remove it from the oven and drizzle your balsamic glaze all over and top with your fresh basil. 
 
 
Finally, slice it up and enjoy!  It's seriously one of my favorite recipes and take about 20 min to make!  Can't beat that!
 
  
You better hurry and make this before the Nectarines are out of season!
 
~ Kerri

1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover