Monday, September 1, 2014

Back To School Teacher Gift

We are back!
 
That's right! Now that school's back in, we have a little more time on our hands, well, at least I do.  This time of year means my daughter goes back to school, but for Julie, it means she goes back to school!! 
 
This summer was wonderful and very productive.  While I spent time planning and attending play dates, going to water parks and spending quality time with my babies, Julie spent time growing her Etsy shop (click here to see it all), fulfilling orders, making new product...oh, and spending quality time with this little princess:

 
Meet Cali Rae!  Cute, right?!
 
Well now it's back to the grind and I'm actually looking forward to blogging again!
 
So, as a Welcome Back, I wanted to share with you my "Welcome Back" teacher gifts I made for my daughter's teachers. If you haven't given your child's teacher a gift yet, no worries...I think you have a month...at least that's what I say ;)
 
As I have mentioned before, my daughter has 6 teachers at her preschool.  Although, one of them is her primary teacher, they all play a big role, so it's only fitting to get them each something.  This means, I'm always looking for an inexpensive and easy-to-make gift. 
 
I came across this idea on Pinterest and thought it was perfect, but of course, I had to make it my own!

 
Originally, I was going to use Mason jars that I already had, but then I saw these amazing glasses at Bed, Bath & Beyond.  They were $10 for 4!!!  Not bad! 


So next, I made my tags.  I used Picmonkey.com to create them and printed them on card stock.  I grabbed some blue card stock I already had and taped them on using Washi tape!  I gotta use that stuff more often!  It's so easy and adds a little something every time!!
 
 
I then strung some baker's twine through the tag and wrapped it around the glass.


Finally, I filled the glass with cookies and put the lids on (I already had some lids that fit perfectly)!

 
I'm so excited about how easy, yet adorable these turned out! We all have a sweet tooth and at the end of the day, when you have been educating and entertaining preschoolers, it just sounds perfect!
 
If you would like to use the tags I made, you can right-click on the picture below, "save as" and print!
 
 
Happy Monday and Welcome Back!!!
  
~ Kerri

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea!!! I hope BBB still has these cups! :) ps. for a second I thought you got another dog, Kerri! Buddy 2!!! ahaa cute dog!- Tira W.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover