Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Chore Chart


Today I want to share with you a 'Class Jobs' Chart I made for my classroom, but I think it would be cute for a 'Chores' chart for young children.
This project was very easy and almost free (the best kind of project out there, as far as I am concerned). 
The boards were precut and just lying around our workroom at school (they have been there since I have been at the school, 6 years), so I brought them home.  
I knew I could find a great use for them and I did!  
I had the ribbon and chalkboard paint, the only thing I had to buy were the tags (Hobby Lobby for $1.99) and the clothes pins (Walmart for $1.88 for a box of 12). 

Directions:
Cut the boards to the desired length (if you don't have precut wood).
Drill the holes. 
(I measured in an inch from each side and drilled them; I am not sure what size drill bit I used...SORRY)
Paint with chalkboard paint (I used RUST-OLEUM).
Tie ribbon at the top to hang.
Hot glue clothes pins to the board.
Write the words above the clothes pin.
Write the chore or name on the tag.

*I wrote the class job in chalk, but you could write your child's name and write the chore on the tags to hang on the clip for each child or you could write the price for each chore and they can choose which chore they want to do.  You can determine what you want to write in chalk and what you would like on each tag.
Below are pictures of the process.  I forgot to take a picture of hot gluing the clothes pins on though.  As usual, I didn't measure where I placed them...I just eye-balled it.  I think they turned out to be pretty even.
 You never know...a cute chore chart may encourage your children to do their chores!  I wish I would have had one of these when my kiddos were young (instead of the boring calendar I used).
Hopefully this will motivate you to create for your kids, so they are inspired to do their chores around the house (it's worth a try).
~Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover