Monday, September 23, 2013

Halloween Witch Wreath

Since there are so many Halloween decorations out in the stores, I thought I would share the wreath I made (with Tabatha of course).  
I have to be honest with you...I am not a fan of Halloween!  But there are some cute decorations out there, so we decided to do a Halloween project and this is what we came up with! 

Here are the supplies you will need:
Witch's Hat, Broom, Ribbon, Wire Wreath, Burlap, Floral Wire, Hot Glue

We saw this pin on Pinterest and thought it was cute and decided to give it a try, we made a few changes to our witch though.  I do have to say, the burlap wreath was a bit time consuming.  There was no tutorial for this wreath (on the pin) since it was an Etsy item, so we found this tutorial for the burlap part of the wreath.
After we got the burlap part of the wreath done, we hot glued the hat to the wreath and attached the broom with floral wire.  Then, we made the bow (I didn't take a picture of that...SORRY) and hot glued it onto the hat. 
 We weren't going to put legs on the witch, but once we put it together we felt that we needed to put some on to add some cuteness!  I really didn't want to sew any legs, so we brainstormed and came up with using yardsticks (which I had).  
I did however, sew the witch's shoes (I just cut them freehand).  After I sewed the shoes, we stuffed them, hot glued them to the yardsticks and used floral wire to attach the yardsticks to the wreath.
I hope this gives you some inspiration to create!
~Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover