Monday, September 2, 2013

A Sprinkle Shower

As mentioned in my Gift Wrapping post, a lot of my friends are having babies, so today I would like to share with you the shower I co-hosted for a good friend of mine.
This is her second child, and as I learned with the second, you refer to the party as a 'Sprinkle Shower', since the first child is 'showered' and the second (probably third, forth and so on) are 'sprinkled!'
For the décor, we went off of the wedding invitations which I purchased from Zazzle.com.  
 
 
For the Welcome sign, I had this easel I bought from IKEA and using my chalkboard pen, I attempted my best handwriting. I had also cut the circles out using my Cricut.
I also used my Cricut to make the banner using as well as cardstock I purchased to match the colors on the invitation and hung it using jute.

I purchased the paper mache letters from JoAnn's Fabrics to spell out the name of her baby ~ Hattie and attached more 'sprinkle' dot to them.


We did a yogurt bar since it was a brunch Sprinkle Shower.

We served muffins and breakfast cupcakes which I made using this recipe. They were a hit!
We served orange juice, coffee & water. I purchased these cute mason jar lids from Pick Your Plum.

As a keepsake gift, we did the Thumbprint Tree.

And of course....games! For the scramble word game, I made these game boards using cardboard, cardstock & glue. They turned out really cute!
Here is the mom-to-be...for the 2nd time.

And our youngest attendees...

For the party favors, we gave out sugar cookies with sprinkles on them.  I made the 'Thank You' tags with my Cricut and stamps. 

 Everything turned out so cute...It was a really great day...now we wait for Hattie to get here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover