Monday, December 30, 2013

Good Morning!

Today, I want to share with you...how I wake up every morning.  
I know it isn't DIY, but I wanted to welcome you to my little corner of the world and tell you a little about who I am.  

First, I have to tell you the story behind my mornings, so bare with me for a few minutes.
Some of you know that we are 'empty nesters' and with that comes so much freedom, but also some sadness. 
 It is a bitter-sweet moment in a mom's life when all her kids have left the nest...that's what we raise them for, right?  
This summer we were gearing up for Madi (our baby) to fly the coop.  She chose to go to baking school in LaMesa, CA., which is about 840 miles away.  This was a very hard transition...I mean, she is my baby and she is so far away.  
But I would have it NO other way...this is her dream and as a mom I want her to spread her wings and soar (even if it is so far away)!

With all of this said, I want to tell you about my dear friend...Deb.  
She is amazing and she knew exactly what this mom needed!  
Deb is someone that I look up to as a mom, friend, and person.  
One day we were texting and I don't really remember the text, but the only thing I remember about it, was her asking me if I was reading Jesus Calling by Sara Young.  I hadn't heard of that little devotion book before, but I knew I had to have it.  
So a few days had passed and I couldn't remember what she said the name of the book was.  I text her and asked her, she told me...'don't go buy it, I've got you covered'!  
See what I mean...this lady is amazing!

Oh, I almost forgot what I was writing about...my mornings!
My mornings go something like this:  
alarm goes off at 4:00 am every weekday morning (yes, I know it's crazy that somebody chooses to get up that early when they don't have to!), stumble out of bed, start my coffee (if I have forgotten to turn on the auto control), turn on the light to my reading area and wait for my coffee.  This is my time, my alone time with my Lord and Savior and I enjoy every minute of it, even on those days that I am exhausted!  When the coffee beeps, I pour my cup and start my devotion.  It's like having coffee with your best friend every day of the week...it's great!  

I have 2 devotion books I read daily.  
The first one I read is Love Out Loud by Joyce Meyer, my sweet daughter-in-law gave me this for my birthday last year.  I have to say...it has been a whole year since I started that devotion book and I love it!  It has taught me about the Love of Jesus and how to love Him, others, and myself.  It is a work in progress (loving as He loves), but I have been working on it and I can tell there is change in my heart.  
Thank you, Kate for this book!

The second one I read is Jesus Calling by Sara Young.  This little devotion book is awe inspiring and I couldn't imagine waking up without it.  Since I started this book in the summer, I still have a ways to go with it (since it is a 365 day devotional) and I am excited to see how this book changes my life even more than it already has.
Thank you, Deb for this book!
So if you are in need of a way to jump start your day, I recommend both of these books. 
 Trust me, you will love them both!
Have a blessed day!
~Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover