Monday, December 16, 2013

Snow Day Craft

A couple of weeks ago I woke up to this:
An even better part of waking up to this, was the phone call I received from my teammate (telling me that there was NO school)!  That is music to a teacher's ears.  
I just have to say...it was a well needed day off (even though we were just off for a week at Thanksgiving time).  Besides, it gave me an excuse to craft and this is what I made.
This has to be one of the easiest crafts I have made in awhile.  I had the (painted) wood from another project that Tabatha (aka...Best Friend) and I made last year, so I didn't even have to prepare it.  
What you need:
Wood or Tag 
Paint
Ribbon
1/4 inch or 1/2 inch Pom-Poms
Twine 
Stamps & Ink
Jingle bell
Small tag (if you are using wood)
How to make:
Cut the ribbon (1/2 inch)
Glue the ribbon to the bottom of wood
Glue a row of 4 Pom-Poms 
Glue 2 rows of 3 Pom-Poms
Glue 2 rows of 2 Pom-Poms
Glue one at the top
Tie a bow with twine & glue it to the top of the tree
Stamp the tag with Joy or Noel
Glue tag at the top of the wood
Glue a loop of twine to the back (to hang it)

Here is a picture of one that I made with a tag (they were party favors for my Annual Cookie Exchange...I was so caught up in all of the excitement, I forgot to take pictures).
This is such a simple craft, so what are you waiting for...get to the craft store and make some for family and friends for Christmas.
Happy Creating this Christmas season!
~Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover