Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Bracelet Tutorial (Link)

Today I am sharing with you some bracelets that my friend and I made last summer. I know, it's ridiculous that I am just now getting around to sharing them with you, but I had other things to share with all of you.  I have to say...these were a little tricky at first (probably because we were chatting and snacking & not paying much attention), but once we got the hang of it, it was easy.  
Besides, it was tons of fun spending time with my friend, Erin (she is a hoot)!  
I found this tutorial on Pinterest and wanted to try it out. 
What better way to craft...than with a friend?
Supplies Needed:
Fabric (scrap fabric is the best...it's free)
Button/s
Thread to match your fabric
Scissors
Sewing machine
When it was all said and done, we learned something...  
When Erin pulled her fabric through, she pulled it a little tighter than I did: this made the width of her bracelet thinner than mine (I couldn't find a photo that showed this...sorry). 
It is really personal preference on how tight you want to pull it! 
Also, I liked how my bracelet had those little fly aways!  I thought they were cute and I like unconventional things like fly aways on a bracelet!

I have to confess...I cut out another bracelet to make, but it still sits in my craft room.  
It is navy blue and I am planning on attaching a vintage gold button to it.  
I promise to share the picture of it when I get it finished.  
I hope this gives you a little inspiration for yourself. 
 Sometimes we need a little DIY for ourselves and not our house.
Have a BLESSED day!
~Julie

P.S. You should check out the blog I got this tutorial from...she has some awesome tutorials!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover