Monday, January 20, 2014

DIY Interchangeable Door Wreath

Today, as my journey to redecorate continues, I would like to share with your this super easy interchangeable door wreath I made! I say interchangeable because I plan to change it up a bit for every holiday throughout the year!  I know, seems like a lot of work for one door wreath, but the trick was to keep it simple and I did!


I made a door wreath for Thanksgiving (to see, click here) as well as one for Christmas (to see, click here) and I did not want to make one for every other Holiday, so this works!
I used my Cricut to make the 'hello' banner and I used blue cardstock to match the blue I am doing in my living room! Clever right?!
The burlap rosettes keep it simple to add to for either Valentines Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter or 4th of July!


Here is a quick tutorial on how I made these rosettes:
Start with a strip of burlap.  Keep in mind, the longer and wider the strip, the bigger your rosettes, so if you want different size ones, like mine above, then you will cut different size strips.
Fold your burlap strip in half...

Then, start twisting it around; kind of like a snail.

And glue as you go. Be careful not to burn yourself...it happens!!!

Keep twisting and gluing until you have this!
Glue them together to create a cluster like I did, then glue it to your wreath and you're done!


~ Kerri

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! I'm doing it. I still have my Christmas wreath up and it's time to change it out. Thanks for a doable DIY!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover