Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Dessert Bar/Graduation Party!

Well, I have to say we had quite the whirlwind weekend!  
It was an exciting time for the Gastineau family...Madi graduated from baking school. We now have a pastry chef in the family! All, but one of the Gastineau's made their way to San Diego for the festivities (we missed you Ashley). It was hard to decide what kind of party to throw for her, since we live so far away and I had to plan it from 840 miles away (thank you Tammi for letting us have it at your house). Then, it came to me...what better way to celebrate a Pastry Chef, then a Dessert Bar!  I have to admit, I didn't bake the desserts and I didn't want Madi to have to bake anything (because it was her own party).  So, I went to Sam's Club and bought a few things.  
They were pretty good, but not as good as Madi's baking!
Madi had a pretty big crowd cheering her on at her graduation!  
We are all so proud of her and her accomplishment.
She already has a job at a cute little cupcake shop (lucky girl...living her dream)!
 Here are a few pictures of the dessert bar.  Like I said, I did not bake anything...I have to tell you it was very stress-free, going the store bought route.  We even had a 'Smores' station!  Smores are always a hit at any kind of party.
 There were mini lemon cupcakes, mini red velvet cupcakes, and mini cheesecakes (my favorite).  Oh, and I can't forget, the red velvet M&Ms!
 Kerri used her Cricut to cut out the letters and circles for the banner.  I just happened to find cupcake ornaments at Hobby Lobby for a couple of dollars, so we attached those to add some whimsy.  I think it turned out absolutely adorable...don't you?  I have to tell you, my favorite part was that cute little (well kind of big) cupcake marquee sign (on the left).  My husband and I made that for Madi.  I will be posting the tutorial next Monday.  It was a bit tricky to make, but I think it turned out awesome!  And, I can't forget...that mixer!  Who wouldn't want one of those to bake with?  It is a metallic purple...Madi's favorite color (as if you couldn't tell that, with all of the purple you see).
 Here is a photo of the Gastineau Family (minus 2...Brent was sick and Ashley had to work)!  It was great fun being together to celebrate Madi and her accomplishment.  I have to admit...we have a pretty awesome family & we always have a great time when we are all together.
Have a BLESSED day!
~Julie
P.S. Don't forget to tune in on Monday for the Cupcake Marquee tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover