Monday, February 10, 2014

DIY Heart Board & an Announcement!

Well, today I am excited to share with you a cute little board my hubby whipped up!  He built the board and I decorated it!  I am also sharing with you a little announcement...you will have to read the post to find out (it's at the end)! In another post, I told you that we (well my husband and son) put wood flooring throughout our house and there were quite a few scraps left when we were finished. So, we of course saved it...I mean, it's oak and you can't just throw that away (or give it away for that matter)!  Trust me, we tried to give it away for firewood and nobody wanted it.  
Here it sits...

I know, ridiculous...right?
Well not anymore, we finally found a project for it and this is the project:
I gave my husband an idea of what I wanted and he went to town and came up with a couple of different sized boards.  I didn't take pictures of the process (sorry).  He made a 9x9 board and a 10x13 board.  This is how he made them: he glued the tongue and groove wood together, then on the back side he put staples in it using his staple gun.  
After he had it together, he cut it to the size desired.  Yes, I know...simple!  Then I made a paper heart pattern and traced it on the stained wood.  I found some metallic paint at Hobby Lobby and used it for this heart.  It was a bit plain for me, so I used my L-O-V-E letters to give it some dimension.
So, if you have any scrap wood laying around make a cute little sign with it! And as always...the sky's the limit on your creativity, so be creative and take risks. 
~Julie

Now for the ANNOUNCEMENT that you have all been waiting for (drum roll please)...
I am opening an ETSY shop!
 It is still in the works and I will let you know when it is officially open. 
This is very exciting news for me. I have always had a dream of owning my own shop and for now this will be my little shop...Beautifully Broken Creations!  On Friday, I will share the meaning behind the name and some other items that I will be selling in the shop.

P.S. I will have this sign and many more items in my shop...STAY TUNED!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Julie! The sign looks awesome. I'm glad you couldn't give away that wood.
    Im hoping to open my own etsy shop soon as well. And Im going to start blogging again. best of luck to both of us :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover