Monday, February 17, 2014

DIY Name Tile

I hope you all enjoyed my and Julie's Valentine's décor and gift ideas.  Hopefully you had a great Valentine's Day too!
To continue in the spirit of love, this past weekend a good friend of mine and my husband had his engagement party and I wanted to get them something special and a bit unique.  I could have bought something personalized online, but that would take the fun out of it...so I created this...
I completed this project in about 45 min, so it's that easy.  The trick is to have a Cricut or Silhouette. If you don't have one, I'm sure you know someone who does!!!
I created all the lettering using my Cricut and then carefully applied it to the tile, which I already had (I say carefully because laying vinyl can be tough, but you just have to be patient). If you don't happen to have tiles laying around, you can pick one up at Home Depot or Lowe's for about 1 dollar!!! 
I then sprayed some Shellac on it to seal it all in and when it was dry, I grabbed the stand and snapped some pictures to share with you!
Here are a few others ones I made a while ago for my sister and mom...

That's it!  So simple and what a great personal gift!
Happy Creating
~ Kerri



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover