Friday, February 14, 2014

Picture Holders

As promised on Monday, I am going to share with you the meaning behind my Etsy shop name: Beautifully Broken Creations.
Some of you may know that I have always wanted to have my own little gift shop. Well, reality is...that hasn't happened. So what better way to dive in, than an Etsy shop (or at least get my feet wet)?

Ok, onto the story behind by shop name. I have really been praying about stepping out in my faith and being open about having a personal relationship with my Lord and Savior and sharing that through my creations.  So one day as I drove to work I was praying that if He really wanted me to take this step there would be a sign as to what I would call my Etsy shop and that's when He flooded my car with a song...Keep Making Me by Sidewalk Prophets.

Well, lets just say...I just started crying (and had goosebumps) and knew that was me and it was actually describing the things that I like to make with my own hands.
I take broken things (barn wood, barbed wire, chippy doors, etc.) and make them beautiful, just like He does with us.  We are all Broken, but he makes us Beautiful.
I hope this helps paint a picture in your mind about my Beautifully Broken Creations and the journey I am embarking on!

Here is a sneak peak at some of the items that I will have in my Etsy shop:
I absolutely love this baseball one!!  How perfect is that for a ball player...I am making one of these for each of our boys (even though their baseball playing days are over).
This set of 3 is perfect for each person in the family to have a space or a cute little tag (see tutorial).

Another fun shape and then my absolute favorite...a heart! Seriously, who wouldn't want something like that adorning their shelves? 

In case you want to make your own, here is a quick tutorial:
First, you need to cut your wood (the size you choose). Then, drill a hole in the middle of the block. After that, cut the barbed wire (to the desired length) and then, put glue in the hole.  
Finally, push the barbed wire in the hole.  
Yes, it is pretty simple...but if you don't have the time or patience you can visit Beautifully Broken Creations on Etsy (soon) and buy one (or more)!

As I finish this post, my heart is so THANKFUL for each and every one of you that are supporting me in this adventure. You have given so much encouragement through your words, prayers and actions (buying my creations). I also have to thank my husband, he always supports me in my adventures (whether he wants to or not) and helps me succeed...thank you, Craig (that's him in the above picture)!
So here's to my new adventure and hopefully my livelihood!
Have a Beautifully Broken day!
~Julie

2 comments:

  1. those are awesome Julie! The barbed wire reminds me of Jesus' crown...the perfect example of beauty in brokenness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jessika! I never even thought about the barbed wire that way!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover