Happy Food Frenzy Friday!! Today I want to share with you an delicious & easy recipe I found while thumbing around on Pinterest. This recipe is so easy because there are few ingredients and it's cooked in the crock pot!
Here is how it's made...
4-6 Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
2/3Cup Cider Vinegar
1/4 Cup Lemon-Lime Soda (Sprite, Sierra Mist or 7 Up Will Do)
2-3 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
2 Tablespoons Corn Starch
2 Tablespoons Water
Red Pepper (optional)
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray
- Place chicken (frozen, thawed or fresh) inside the slow cooker
- Mix together brown sugar, vinegar, soda, garlic, soy sauce and pepper together. Pour over the chicken
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours
- When done, take chicken pieces out of slow cooker and pull them apart (they may just fall apart on their own)
- Pour remaining sauce into a small saucepan and place over high heat.
- Separately, mix together corn starch and water and add mixture to the saucepan. Mix well.
- Let sauce come to a boil and boil for 2-3 minutes or until it starts to thicken and turn into a glaze.
- Remove sauce from heat and let it sit for one to two minutes (it will continue to thicken as it cools down).
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes on top if desired.
Easy, right?! And it was delicious. You could almost make a pulled chicken sandwich with it!
I put the extra sauce in a creamer dish so we could pour the amount we desired.