Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Tulle Skirt Tutorial

Since Halloween is tomorrow I thought I would share a tutorial for an easy tulle skirt.  In one of my earlier posts I stated that 'I am not a fan of Halloween'.  I know what you are thinking...then, why is she talking about a Halloween costume?  
Well, I will tell you why...as a staff we voted to dress up as 'Super Heroes'.  I truly believe we are 'Super Heroes' because we are teachers.
I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a costume, so I did a little research and found this 'Wonder Woman' shirt with a cape attached to the back at Walmart.com.  I was super excited because it was available at our local Walmart in my size.  My shirt is a little different than the one in the picture...it has a blue cape and didn't have the headband (and it was cheaper, $10.88).  
I decided that I would make a tulle skirt (I had everything for the skirt, so it was FREE) to wear over my leggings because the shirt wasn't long enough.  It was really easy and if you are still in need of a costume, you still have plenty of time to make it!  It only took about an hour to make.

Here is what you will need:
Tulle, Ribbon (cut to the size needed, with excess for the bow), and Scissors

This is super easy...cut the tulle double the length you want, because you fold it in half (bottom left photo), then tie a knot at the top of the ribbon (bottom right photo).  Since I used 2 different colors I put one color on top of the other before I folded it in half (this made it more full).
After you get the tulle tied around the ribbon to it's desired size you are finished. 
 See I told you it was easy!
I had to have a pair of black Converse to complete my costume!  
What super hero doesn't love Converse tennis shoes, right?
I hope you and your little ones have a super fun Halloween.   
Don't eat too much candy!
~Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover