Monday, November 11, 2013

DIY Thanksgiving Wreath

Last year I made a Christmas wreath and it came out pretty good (which I will share with you in a future post).  This year I thought, why not make a Thanksgiving wreath?! 
 
Wait until you see how easy it was to make this!
 
Here is what you will need:
- Wreath
- Burlap ribbon
- Paper clips
- Fake flowers (any color of your choice)
- Thanksgiving or Harvest sign (any of your choice)
- Wreath hook
- Hot glue gun
 
Here is what to do:
Start by cutting your flowers into individual stems and then insert them into the wreath.  I put about 3 stems going one way and 3 going the other, then I filled in the center with smaller stems.

Next, I attached the burlap to the wreath using the paper clips.  I used paper clips because I felt it allowed the burlap to gather where I wanted it to and it was a way to attach the burlap to the wreath.  Hot glue could have done the trick but I didn't feel it would have done it as well.
 
Finally, I glued the sign to the burlap and voilà!  It was done.
 Now how easy was that?!
 
Happy Creating ~ Kerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover