Friday, November 1, 2013

Food Frenzy Friday ~ Mini Pumkin Pies

Happy Holidays!!! That's right, it's that time of the year again, already!!
Through the month of November and December, Julie and I will be posting all Holiday themed posts!  That's right, Thanksgiving & Christmas décor, gift ideas & yummy recipes! 
 
And to kick it off right, I would like to share with you this awesome recipe I found in the Taste of Home magazine! You can call them Pumpkin Tartlets, but for me, I like Mini Pumpkin Pies!
 

Here is what you need:

- 1 pkg. (15oz) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 can (15oz) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12oz) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- Miniature marshmallows (optional)

Here's what you do:

Preheat your oven for 425. Then, roll out the pie dough so that it is 1/8 inch thick and cut 4 inch circles using a round cutter (I didn't have a round cutter, so I used a small bowl that was about 4 inches in diameter & it worked!

Next, press the circles into a mini-muffin pan that has been coated in cooling spray. Be careful not to tear the dough!
 
Wisk together the rest of the ingredients (minus the marshmallows) & pour them into the pastry cups.
 
Here is what it will look like after all the batter has been poured.

Finally, bake them at 425 for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350 and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes. You will know it's completely done when you stick a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean!  If you want the marshmallows on top, bake for an additional 2-3 minutes or until they are golden brown.
 
Cool for 5 minutes and then run a knife along the edges to separate them from the pan (I didn't need to do this step because the cooking spray took care of it for me, but you never know!)
 
Allow them to completely cool before enjoying or refrigerate.  Be sure to not let them stay out longer than 2 hours (just in case!)
 

I hope you find these as easy as I did...and as yummy!
~ Kerri
 
** Special thanks to my mother-in-law for signing me up to this amazing magazine full of tasty recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover