Friday, August 30, 2013

Food Frenzy Friday (Starbucks Chocolate Cinnamon Bread)

If you have ever had the 'Chocolate Cinnamon Bread' at Starbucks, you will love this recipe.  You can find it on my Breads board in Pinterest.  When I first read the recipe I thought it was going to be very involved, but it wasn't too bad and besides the outcome is well worth it.
The original recipe (Table for Two) called for unsalted butter.  Since I didn't have that on hand I just used regular butter and I couldn't tell the difference. It also called for a pinch of cloves (which I didn't have) so I left it out.  Finally, the original recipe said to separate it into 2 loaf pans, well let me tell you a story...  The first time I made this bread I did just that and caught my oven on fire because it spilled over while it was baking and my house smelled for the rest of the day!  Yes, I said 'FIRE'.  So this time I used 3 regular loaf pans and 2 mini loaf pans (I didn't fill the pans as full, so they were smaller loaves).  My son was happy about that because he and his roommate scored 2 loaves of bread. 
This bread is so good, it's hard to resist, especially when there is milk involved!
~Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover