Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Framed Bunny Silhouette

Well, it is that time of the year that we have all been waiting for...SPRING! At least for those of us that live where there are cold winters. Easter is going to be here quicker than we know it, so I thought that I would share with you a quick little Easter DIY. The bunny silhouette seems to be very popular this year (maybe it has been in the past as well...I haven't decorated for Easter in years). I had another craft planned for today's post, but my Easter eggs were MIA!

So I decided to give this one a try.
I have to tell you, it was SUPER easy!


Supplies Needed:
Drop cloth
Frame or backing of some sort
White paint
White pom pom
Tag
Ribbon
I have had this frame for about a year and finally used it. I knew it would come in handy some day. All I had to do was take it apart and clean it up for my new project (see below picture).
 I got it at Hobby Lobby on clearance for around $2.00. In fact, it isn't the only one I bought...I bought 4 of them and now I wish I had bought all of them! I did ask Tabatha (aka: BFF) if I could buy her 2 extra ones. She said I could have them...isn't she sweet? I told her I will take her to Starbucks, seems fair enough, right?

For the bunny silhouette, I used this pattern from my Easter Pinterest board. When I printed it, I only printed it at 75% so it would fit the space I was painting it on. For the background, I used a piece of the leftover drop cloth from my Christmas stockings. If you are using a frame or backing of some sort, you will need to trace the square to cut the drop cloth to size.
Directions for the silhouette:
Cut the bunny pattern out
Trace the bunny onto your drop cloth
Paint the bunny
Hot glue the pom pom for the bunny's tail

I wanted to add a bit of color to my silhouette and I figured why not paint the tag for that pop of color.
I used the color of the year: Radiant Orchid.
I have to say, I am not a huge fan of purples...but this color is beautiful and I am in love!

Directions for the tag:
Paint the tag (color of your choice)
Let it dry
Stamp 'Happy Easter' or whatever you choose on it
Add some ribbon
Hot glue it to your backing

From start to finish I think this project took me about 45 minutes (at the most).
This was a fun and easy project to jump start my creativity for Easter. Stay tuned for more Easter and Spring projects from Kerri and myself.
Have a wonderful Wednesday!
~Julie
P.S. There are a lot of new items in my Etsy shop if you haven't visited in awhile! Click the tab on the top of this page to have a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover