Monday, March 3, 2014

DIY Heart Mug

I know it's been a few weeks since Valentine's Day, but I didn't get a chance to post this beforehand, so I am sharing this SUPER easy project with you today.  I wanted to get my daughter's teachers something easy but nice for Valentine's Day and these easy, inexpensive, mugs were a hit!


I am fully aware I do not have the best penmanship, but hearts I can do pretty well, so this seemed to be my project!


Here is what you will need...

- A Mug (any size or color). You can find these at Dollar Store!
- Oil-based Sharpie (I chose red since I was doing hearts). You can find these at Michael's.
- An oven. You can find this in your kitchen...hehe!


I took my Sharpie and began drawing hearts.  I wasn't sure if I was going to draw them all over the mug, so I started out with a few and ended up liking the cluster.
I also signed my daughter's name on the back (forgot to get a shot of that).


I then preheated the oven to 350 and stuck it in for 30 min.  I waited for it to completely cool before I removed it from the oven.  I didn't want to chance cracking the mug because it cooled too fast.


And you're done!

 As for the gift bag, I dressed it up a bit...couldn't help myself!

I placed Washi tape along the front and attached these cute tags I found at Michael's with gray baker's twine. SUPER easy!!!


You can make any design you want on your mugs or if you have good penmanship, you can write a message!

Happy Creating!

~ Kerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover