Monday, April 7, 2014

Easter Baseball Wreath

Since Kerri shared her wreath with you on Friday, I decided that I would share mine with you today!

Of course, if you are a regular to our blog, it is no secret that we love baseball at our house. I have been working non-stop this past week with 'Barn Sale' items and one of the items was a baseball cuff (bracelet). Well, I got to thinking...how could I use a baseball in my Easter wreath and this is what I came up with:
Yes, I know it is different, but how stinkin cute is it! First of all, that tail...who doesn't love it?
All you will need for this project: a wreath, 2 baseballs, a pom pom tail and some ribbon or whatever you want to decorate the wreath with.

The first thing you have to do is cut the skin off of one baseball (for the ears), you can see how to do this here. After that, you need to cut one of them in half for the ears. Then you make a pom pom tail. I used white yarn and wrapped it around 2 of my fingers, so it was smaller. Then I tied a string in the middle of the yarn, then cut it. When I was finished with the tail, I hot glued it and the ears to a baseball. Then I screwed in a hook to feed the wire through. Sorry I didn't take pictures, because it was a little hard trying to do it with one hand, so I gave up!
After I was finished with the bunny, I moved onto the little pocket that was on my wreath. I used to have a black polk-a-dot burlap ribbon pocket, but thought I needed something a little more 'springish' (not really a word...I made it up!). For Spring and Summer I added a white polk-a-dot burlap ribbon. For the pocket, I folded it in half and hot glued the sides and left the top open for the picks I put in it. Of course, I used a tea dyed tag and stamped 'happy easter' on it (I know Easter should begin with a capital, but I thought the lower case 'e' was cute) and for the other picks, I just tied (and hot glued) ribbon to it.
This wreath took me about 45 minutes to do from start to finish! The most time consuming part of the whole project was tearing the baseball apart!
On another note, I am so excited about the Buzzard Creek Primitives Barn Sale on Thursday and Friday...if you are local come for a visit (I'll be there with my 'Beautifully Broken Creations'). Trust me, I plan on taking my camera and blogging about it next week (after I recover)!
Have a Marvelous Monday!
~Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover