Friday, August 2, 2013

Back to School Coffee Date

Many of you don't know this...my real job is TEACHING!  I have to admit I secretly want to be an interior decorator, but my career choice was teaching!  Everybody knows that when you see the school supplies come out in July; it is time for Moms to REJOICE and teachers to shudder with the mere fact that their summer freedom is coming to a rapid END!  Although, I have to admit...it is nice to get back into a routine.  My husband also tells me I need to go back to work so I STOP spending money!

With all of that said, I want to invite you to my 'Back to School' coffee date I had with my (teacher) friends.  There are a few of us that meet on Fridays (during the school year) for coffee before school.  I am one that does not make it every Friday, because I can't make it there on time!  But when I do make those coffee dates I enjoy our conversations.  It is so nice to be able to vent, share, & even cry sometimes!  Thank you ladies for allowing me to join you!  Ok...enough of that!  Here is the 'Lemon Bread' I made for our 'Back to School' coffee date!  I saw this recipe on Pinterest awhile ago and I made it for my friend and I when we were having a craft day!  Needless to say...it was DELICIOUS and very easy to make!


You will need 1 box of Lemon Cake Mix, 2 boxes of Jell-O White Chocolate Instant Pudding, 4 Eggs, Sour Cream, Oil (not pictured) & a Lemon.  For the glaze you will need Powdered Sugar and a Lime (also not pictured).  For the complete recipe click on this link:
This recipe is also pinned on my 'Breads' Pinterest board:  http://pinterest.com/juliemariegas/breads/


This is the finished product!  I forgot to take a picture of a slice of the bread.

Below I have attached some pictures of how I displayed the 'Coffee Bar'.
If you didn't notice...I love Fiestaware!  My friend got me hooked years ago and since then I have received pieces for Christmas, birthdays, and Mother's Day!  In the above picture, that little elephant was my great grandmother's!  When I make pancakes, waffles, or french toast for my kids or company, we warm up the syrup in that little guy!  It has been a favorite of mine since I was a little girl - I have tons of memories from this piece.

The blue 'Ball' jars were a gift from my sister-in-law Susan!  When I was in Arizona for a visit I told her that I had been looking for them, but hadn't been able to find them anywhere!  Well, one day UPS knocked and those were on my front porch (she found them at Target & sent them to me)!  I was so excited!  The lids I ordered from Pick Your Plum...if you haven't heard of PYP, it is a website that has daily deals!  I LOVE Pick Your Plum!  Here is the link:  http://pickyourplum.com/

Whether you are a Mom filled with excitement for 'Back to School' or a teacher dreading the beginning of the year affairs, having coffee with friends has to be one of the best things you can do for yourself!  Remember to enjoy these moments with the ones you love & cherish the memories you are making!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover