Friday, August 16, 2013

'FOOD FRENZY FRIDAY' (Cauliflower Pizza)


A favorite meal of ours is Cauliflower Pizza.  We have it at least once a week.  I try not to eat a lot of carbs, so when I found this recipe I decided to give it a try.  First of all I have to say...I absolutely love cauliflower and of course, (who doesn't) love pizza.   So I knew I would love this pizza.  When I tried the recipe I did exactly what the recipe said, but now (I have to admit) I basically add whatever I like at that moment.
This is what you will need:  cauliflower, mozzarella cheese, 2 (or more) cloves of minced garlic, an egg, some oregano, salt, pepper, and whatever sauce and toppings you want on your pizza.  Click on the above 'recipe' link for the original recipe.

You need to rice the cauliflower in your food processor until it looks like this.  Then you need to microwave the riced cauliflower (8-10 minutes).

After the cauliflower is cooked add 1 cup (I use less than this) mozzarella cheese, the egg, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper and stir it all together.  Next, put it on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 450.


Now it's time for the good stuff...the toppings.  We like BBQ chicken pizza, so I added the BBQ sauce, then some more cheese (just enough to cover the crust).  After the sauce and cheese I added cooked chicken, tomatoes, red onions, and cilantro.

We enjoyed our pizza with a salad! 
 If you go to my Pinterest board, you are sure to find many more 'Healthy' recipes.
ENJOY!
~Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover