Monday, August 5, 2013

New Computer Desk

A few weeks ago my niece moved in with our family while she attends baking school. Since we used her room as a craft room/spare room/office, we had some rearranging to do! One of those rearrangements was to find a new place for our computer. We decided to move it into the living room and since we had our computer in an armoire, we needed a new desk (the armoire would be too big in the living room). 

Here is how it was stored before...

Here it is now...

 I started by doing a little searching on Craigslist and I found this desk and chair for $30!!!  Solid wood!!!  It was the perfect size for where we were going to put it and all it needed was a little upgrade.

Here is what it looked like before

 Pardon the mess in the garage!!

After sanding down all the wood, I applied my favorite paint: Rust-Oleum Ultra Cover.  Sometimes spray painting is easier than brushing it on...less set up and clean up!!

Ta-Da!
The fabric I used on the desk and chair was extra pieces I had from re-covering some throw pillows for my couch. I replace the original green knobs with the blue ones I had on the armoire and they just happened to match the blue in the fabric! (My niece planned on bringing her own knobs!) 
I used spray adhesive to apply the fabric onto the desk. I sprayed and flattened it in segments so there weren't any wrinkles.

It turned out so much better than I thought it would & it fits perfectly in our living room!

~ Kerri Gastineau


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover